For a bride, her bridal gown becomes her best friend throughout the wedding planning process, and the wedding day itself. Most of the time, brides get excited about how the dress would look on them in the actual ceremony and how they would shine in their marital gown. Therefore, the bridal gown can be the number one element of the wedding clothing. If you are also getting prepared for your own wedding as the bride, take a look at the short list of tips below.
My Gown Should be the Best One but Which One?
According to your physical dimensions and preferred look, there are various types of dresses offered to brides. Here are some critical points on how to decide on bridal gown:
- The length of the bridal gown: generally short or long wedding dresses are offered. According to your tastes and preferences, you can choose the mini length, above the knee, below the knee, as well as the ballerina and floor-length designs. While shorter gowns may look more modern, floor-length designs represent classical elegance.
- The existence of a train also adds significantly to the overall appearance of the bride. Long trains are often seen in royal wedding ceremonies. Therefore, you just need to decide whether you would like to have a fairy-tale inspired wedding with a princess style gown or a more modern type of dress with more simplicity.
- Deciding on the volume of the skirt is also essential. In ball gowns, the princess style skirts are fashionable. A straight skirt, trumpet skirt, mermaid skirt, A-line skirt and flared skirt are also among the alternatives.
- The back of your bridal gown can show the elegance of the design. Backless dresses can also be considered.
- According to the choice of an indoor, or outdoor, wedding, you might want to have a sleeveless dress or a gown with long sleeves. Cap, Juliette or boat-neck sleeves or a one-shoulder design are other alternatives.